Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto, Pizza
- Ingredients: Chicken, Onion, Sugar, Olive Oil, Salt, Butter, Flour, Yeast, Red Bell Pepper, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Organic Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking
- Courses: Pizzas, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 4 oz.(112g.) boneless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz.(112g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make Chicken Pesto Pizza directions
Dissolve yeast in a large bowl with 1/2 cup warm water. Beat olive oil, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and sugar into the mixture. Add the remaining flour and beat the mixture until it is combined.
Put the mixture on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and like elastic. Place the dough in a bowl that has been dusted with flour. Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add chicken seasoned with salt. Cook the chicken until it is no longer tender or pink. Remove the chicken from the heat and set aside.
Heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Roll the dough into a circle on a floured surface. Transfer the dough to a pizza pan. Build the edges of the dough up slightly. Spread pesto on the dough and top with cheese, onion, chicken, and red pepper.
Bake pizza until crust and cheese are lightly browned.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken Pesto Pizza
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!