Chicken Pesto Panini Recipe
- PREP TIME90 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto
- Ingredients: Chicken, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Grilling
- Courses: Breads, Finger Foods
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Picnic
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chicken Pesto Panini directions
Marinate chicken in garlic, pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper to the chicken breast.
In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken in the pan 10 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden.
Put the chicken on a plate. Top each piece of chicken with a cheese slice and onion. Spread pesto sauce on both sides of the bread and put the chicken inside the bread to make a sandwich.
Grill the panini for 5 minutes or until the bread becomes golden brown.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken Pesto Panini
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!