Chicken Penne Pesto Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto, Penne
- Ingredients: Chicken, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in pieces
- 2/3 cup basil pesto
- 8 oz.(227g.) penne pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chicken Penne Pesto directions
Bring salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the water 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the pasta and place it aside.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion to the skillet, cooking until it becomes clear. Add garlic and chicken to the skillet, and continue cooking until the chicken becomes tender.
Add pesto sauce to the chicken, and toss it with the pasta.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken Penne Pesto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!