Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Dish
- Ingredients: Egg, Chicken, Tomato, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Butter, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 1/2 (22 oz. or 615g.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chicken Parmigiana directions
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken in eggs and coat with breadcrumbs.
In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Sauté the chicken until it is lightly browned. Remove the chicken and set it aside.
Sauté onion in a saucepan with the remaining butter until the onion becomes soft. Stir in salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Cover the saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
Put some of the sauce into a baking dish. Place the chicken on the sauce. Put the remaining sauce around the edge of the dish. Coat the dish with parmesan cheese. Bake the dish 15 to 20 minutes.
More Dish Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken Parmigiana
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!