Chicken Lasagna With Garlic Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME75 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Chicken, Garlic, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Organic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: First Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall
- Occasions: Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 24 oz.(680g.) ground chicken
- 3 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 cup flour
- 6 oz.(170g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Lasagna With Garlic directions
Heat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
Sauté garlic and chicken in a skillet with 3 tablespoons of butter for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring regularly and crumbling the chicken. Remove the skillet from the heat source and add cottage cheese and salt.
Pour flour into a saucepan with butter. Cook the flour and butter for 1 to 2 minutes, and then slowly stir in 5 cups of milk. Whisk the mixture until it begins to slightly thicken. Remove the mixture from the heat source, add parmesan cheese, salt, and 1/2 cup of milk to thin the mixture.
Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish, and coat the bottom of the dish with 1/2 cup of pasta sauce. Cover with 3 lasagna noodles, add 1/4 of the pasta sauce, 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 of the chicken. Repeat the process until all the ingredients have been placed in the dish. Cover the top of the lasagna with any remaining sauce and cheese and cover the dish.
Place the dish in the oven, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the cover, and bake for an additional 20 minutes until the top of the cheese turns golden brown or starts to bubble. Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken Lasagna With Garlic
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!