Chicken And Spinach Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Chicken, Rice, Spinach, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz.(227g.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chicken And Spinach Risotto directions
Heat broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a sauté pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Put in the sauté pan and cook the chicken in butter until tender and golden brown. Cover and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and spinach and sauté until onion is tender and spinach shrivels. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in one cup of broth, stir constantly, and cook until the broth is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of broth and allow it to be absorbed before adding another 1/2 cup. Continue cooking this way, stirring constantly, for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is almost tender and creamy. Add chicken and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Check for seasoning. Serve on warm plates and sprinkle with cheese.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken And Spinach Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!