Chicken And Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Chicken, Rice, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Shitake Mushrooms
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/3 cup shitake mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (1 oz. or 28g.) parmigiano-regiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chicken And Mushroom Risotto directions
Warm the broth in a saucepan and simmer on low heat.
In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook until tender. Transfer chicken and mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
Heat remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium heat and sauté onion until tender. Stir in rice to coat and cook 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Slowly add the wine and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Add 1/2 cup of the warm broth and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue to add the broth 1/2 cup at a time, letting the liquid absorb before adding more, about 20 to 25 minutes total. Before adding the final 1/2 cup of broth, mix in the chicken and mushrooms. Cook until the rice is tender but still firm. Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken And Mushroom Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!