Chicken And Leek Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45-50 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Chicken, Rice, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Parmesan Cheese, Leek
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz.(454g.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders, sliced
- 4 leeks, sliced (separate dark and light parts)
- 3-3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chicken And Leek Risotto directions
In a cooking pot, heat chicken broth and simmer on low.
Season chicken with salt. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned. Set aside.
In a saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the dark part of the leeks over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until mostly wilted. Add the remaining part of the leeks and cook for 3 minutes more. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Add 1 cup of broth and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Continue adding 1/2 cup broth at a time and stirring, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until the chicken is heated through and the rice is tender and creamy.
Remove from heat. Stir in butter and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately on warm plates.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Chicken And Leek Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!