Cheese Stuffed Manicotti Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME1 hour 20 minutes
- Dishes: Manicotti
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Parsley, Tomato Sauce, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 16 manicotti shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds (908g.) ground beef
- 6 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Cheese Stuffed Manicotti directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the manicotti and cook until al dente, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add ground beef and cook until it becomes brown, about 5 minutes; drain. Add onion, garlic, tomato sauce and basil. Cook and stir occasionally for about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs and parsley together in the mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and fill into manicotti shells.
Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
Spread half of the meat/tomato sauce at the bottom of greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Put shells on top of the sauce and cover with remaining sauce. Add the remaining parmesan cheese on the top and bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until cooked.
More Manicotti Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!