Cheese Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 oz. or 28g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2- 3 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Cheese Risotto directions
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add rice to coat.
Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the warm chicken stock and cook, stirring, until it is absorbed. Continue adding 1/2 cup chicken stock at a time, letting it absorb before adding another. Cook until rice is almost tender. Stir in the cheese and butter. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Cheese Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!