Calamari Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Vegetable Broth, Squid
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 10 oz.(280g.) calamari steak, sliced in strips
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, cubed
- 2 -2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 small onions, minced, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Calamari Risotto directions
In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add half of onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add half-cup of broth on low heat. Stir and cook until the broth is absorbed before adding more. Allow the broth to be absorbed before adding each half-cup of broth. Stir constantly and cook until the rice is tender and creamy. Season with salt.
Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté the remaining onion until just tender. Add the calamari slices and sauté until cooked. Add this to the rice skillet, toss with tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in butter and add salt and pepper as needed. Ladle risotto into warm serving bowls and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Calamari Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!