Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Olive Oil, Salt, Butter, Vegetable Broth, Butternut Squash, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 pound (454g.) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into slices
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Butternut Squash Risotto directions
Season butternut squash with salt. In a frying pan, cook butternut squash in olive oil until soft and has golden color.
Heat the vegetable broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat and sauté shallots until translucent. Add rice and stir to coat, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly add 1/2 cup of broth and cook until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the vegetable broth as needed and absorbed, until the rice is tender and creamy. Season with salt to taste. Stir in cooked butternut squash and cheese and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Butternut Squash Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!