Butternut Squash Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Flour, Butternut Squash, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Steaming
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Butternut Squash Ravioli directions
Steam the squash until it can be easily pierced using a fork. Mash the squash and add salt, pepper, and cheese. Mix everything and set aside.
Place the flour on a board and sprinkle the flour with salt. Add eggs in the center of the flour. Combine the mixture together, and gradually add enough warm water to make dough. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth. Place the dough in a covered bowl for 15 minutes.
Cut the dough into pieces, and roll each piece into a thin sheet that is about 1/8 inch. Cut an even number of circles out of the dough.
Place a spoonful of filling at the center of half of the circles, moisten the edges with water, and cover with the other circles. Set the ravioli on a surface that has been dusted with flour until both sides are coated. Cook the ravioli in a pot of boiling salted water until they float. Drain the ravioli and serve them with butter.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Butternut Squash Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!