Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, White Wine, Vegetable Broth
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 2/3 cup medium grain white rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 2 oz.(56g.) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Brown Rice Risotto directions
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until onion becomes tender. Add the brown rice and stir to coat.
Slowly pour in 1 cup broth, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover and gradually add wine and white rice. Turn up heat to medium and, stirring, cook until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the broth a half-cup at a time and let it be absorbed before adding another. Cook and stir until the rice is firm but tender and creamy. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Brown Rice Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!