Broccoli Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock, Broccoli
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1/2 cup medium grain white rice
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2-2 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Broccoli Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat chicken stock and simmer on low.
In a medium skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté broccoli in oil for about 4 to 5 minutes. Slowly pour in 1/4 cup chicken stock and simmer on medium-low until the broccoli is just soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a saucepan, heat another tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion becomes soft. Add rice to coat. Add 1/3 cup warm chicken stock to rice mixture and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding stock, 1/4 cup at a time, letting the liquid absorb before adding more. Cook, stirring constantly, until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in broccoli, butter and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Broccoli Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!