Broccoli Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Olive Oil, Salt, Butter, Broccoli, Cornmeal
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups polenta or yellow cornmeal
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salt to taste
How to make Broccoli Polenta directions
Boil eight cups of salted water in a saucepan. Lower the heat to low and drizzle the cornmeal in slowly while whisking. Cook the polenta for 15 minutes until it is thick. Whisk the butter into the polenta, cover, and remove the polenta from the heat source.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place garlic into the skillet and cook it for one minute. Mix the broccoli into the skillet and toss the mixture well. Pour the water into the skillet and cover. Cook the broccoli until it becomes tender, which should take five minutes. Uncover and add tomatoes and salt. Stir. Cook the mixture uncovered for two minutes until most of the liquid evaporates and the tomatoes become soft.
Place the polenta in a dish and top with the broccoli to serve.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Broccoli Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!