Bleu Cheese Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 oz.(85g.) crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Bleu Cheese Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a medium saucepan, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and sauté the onion on medium-low until tender. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice and stir to coat. Slowly pour the wine over the rice and cook until the wine evaporates, stirring all the time.
Add 1/2 cup of the broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the broth is absorbed. Continue to add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time until the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Continue this step until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20-25 minutes. Add salt as needed. Remove from heat.
Stir in the bleu cheese, remaining butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Bleu Cheese Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!