Best Tortellini Carbonara Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Tortellini, Carbonara
- Ingredients: Basil, Black Pepper, Salt, Heavy Cream, Bacon, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 2 packages (18 oz. or 500g.) store bought cheese tortellini
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 12 bacon slices
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Best Tortellini Carbonara directions
In a skillet, cook bacon until it becomes crisp, and remove it to paper towel. Crumble the bacon once it becomes cool.
Combine cheese, basil, cream, and bacon in a large saucepan. Cook the mixture until heated thoroughly. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and drop in the tortellini. Cook the tortellini until they float to the surface which should take about 8 minutes, and then remove them. Drain the tortellini, and add them to a bowl. Drizzle cheese sauce on the top of the tortellini and serve.
More Tortellini Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Best Tortellini Carbonara
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!