Best Tiramisu Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Whipping Cream, Cocoa, Egg Yolk, Mascarpone Cheese, Coffee Liqueur, Ladyfinger
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Cocktail Party, Sporting Event, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 24 ladyfingers (2 packages)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 large square semi-sweet chocolate
How to make Best Tiramisu directions
In a double boiler, combine sugar and egg yolks. Reduce heat to a simmer and, stirring frequently, cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a whisk or hand mixer, whip the yolks until thick and light yellow in color.
Add the cheese to the whipped egg yolks and mix until well combined. In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric mixer and whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cheese/yolk mixture to make the filling and set aside.
Using a large, glass baking dish (11x7 inches is good), place 12 of the ladyfingers on the bottom to form one layer. Cut the ladyfingers if necessary. Using a pastry brush, brush the coffee liqueur over. Gently spread half of the filling over this. Place the remaining 12 ladyfingers over this, brush with the coffee liqueur and finish by spreading out the remaining filling. Using a sifter or sieve, dust the top of the tiramisu with the cocoa powder.
Use a peeler to make “curls” from the square of semi-sweet chocolate. Sprinkle over the tiramisu. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours but no more than 24 hours.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Best Tiramisu
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!