Best Italian Marinara Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Marinara
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Oregano, Red Onion
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Organic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Valentines Day, Chanukah, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) cans whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Best Italian Marinara Sauce directions
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 1 minute, add chopped onion, and cook until the onion becomes light brown and tender.
Add oregano and tomatoes with juice to the mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and, while stirring occasionally, continue to cook 20 to 25 minutes. Add salt and ground black pepper. Serve the sauce with pasta.
More Marinara Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Best Italian Marinara Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!