Beetroot Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Onion, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Parmesan Cheese, Beet
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween
- Seasons: Fall, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 2/3 cup arborio rice
- 6 oz.(170g.) beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
How to make Beetroot Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and reduce to a simmer.
In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and beetroot and sauté until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
Ladle 1/2 cup of warm broth into the pan and cook on medium until the liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. Repeat this step, adding 1/2 cup of broth at a time, letting it absorb before adding more, until the rice is creamy and almost tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in cheese and season with salt to taste.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Beetroot Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!