Beet And Swiss Chard Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Onion, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock, White Wine, Parmesan Cheese, Swiss Chard, Beet
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday
- 1/2 cup medium grain rice
- 1 cup beets, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups Swiss chard, sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
How to make Beet And Swiss Chard Risotto directions
In a saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and sauté until tender. Stir in rice and cook until the rice is coated, about 1 minute. Slowly pour in the wine and cook until the wine evaporates. Add the beets and the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer and stir until the beets are soft. Season with salt to taste.
Remove the lid and stir in the Swiss chard. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the rice is tender and creamy. Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese. Warm the serving plates before ladling the risotto.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Beet And Swiss Chard Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!