Beef Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Onion, Olive Oil, Salt, Butter, Flour, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound (454g.) ground beef
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
How to make Beef Ravioli directions
Stir salt and flour together in large bowl. Add eggs, olive oil, and enough water to make dough. Move the dough to a floured surface and knead until it becomes smooth and does not stick. Place the dough into a bowl, cover the dough, and let it stand 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook onion and beef in skillet over medium heat until onion becomes tender and the meat is brown. Add salt and stir in parmesan cheese. Remove the skillet from the heat source.
Cut the dough into 8 pieces. Roll out 1 piece on a floured surface. Using the dull edge of a knife, slightly mark squares in the dough. Place a teaspoon of ground beef filling into the center of each of the squares. Roll out the second piece of dough. Place the second over the top of the filling. Press down around the outside of the filling. Using a cutter or knife, cut out each of the ravioli. Place each of the ravioli into a single layer on a floured surface. Repeat the process with filling and remaining dough. Leave the ravioli to dry 20 to 30 minutes.
Boil salted water in a saucepan over high heat. Stir ravioli gently into the water, and cook the ravioli until they float to the surface of the water and the dough becomes tender. Drain the ravioli and eat with butter.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Beef Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!