Beef Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Spaghetti Sauce, Oregano, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Cocktail Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound (454g.) ground beef
- 18 oz.(500g.) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz.(454g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
How to make Beef Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
Put garlic, onion, and ground beef into a skillet over medium heat, and season the mix with salt. Continue cooking until the meat is browned, then drain the grease. Put spaghetti sauce on the skillet, and continue to heat the mixture.
In a separate bowl, mix egg, oregano, ricotta cheese, and half parmesan cheese.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, cover the bottom of the dish with sauce, and lay out 3 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Layer sauce, then the ricotta cheese mixture, followed by mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process two more times. Once you have finished laying out the third layer, cover the lasagna with the remaining parmesan cheese.
Cover the baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cover, and continue baking for 20 more minutes. Remove the lasagna and let it sit and cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Beef Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!