Basil Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Stock
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering, Blender
- Courses: Appetizers
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 3/4 cup carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken stock
- 2 oz.(58g.) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Basil Risotto directions
In a saucepan, heat the chicken stock and simmer on low.
In a blender, mix 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic and fresh basil. Add cheese and blend until a paste is formed.
In a skillet heat olive oil. Sauté onion in oil until tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Ladle in one cup of the stock and, stirring constantly, allow the liquid to absorb before adding another cup of stock and repeating. Continue with this step until the rice is tender and creamy, about 25 to 30 minutes. Add basil mixture and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Basil Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!