Basil Pesto Chicken Breasts Recipe
- PREP TIME2 hours 20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto
- Ingredients: Chicken, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Pine Nut, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Baking, Blender
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party
- 20 oz.(560g.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Basil Pesto Chicken Breasts directions
Combine oil, garlic, cheese, basil, and pine nuts in a blender or food processor. Pulse until the pesto is well blended. Add salt.
Place the chicken in a bowl and pour pesto over it. Turn the chicken in the pesto several times to ensure it is fully coated. Cover the chicken and refrigerate it for a minimum of 2 hours.
Heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Place the prepared chicken onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until it is thoroughly cooked. Serve the chicken on a dish.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Basil Pesto Chicken Breasts
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!