Barbecue Meatballs Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Meatballs
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Onion, Sugar, Black Pepper, Vinegar, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Parsley, Vegetable Oil, Chili Sauce, Soy Sauce, Ketchup
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 pound (454g.) ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/6 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Barbecue Meatballs directions
In a bowl, mix together ground beef, egg, onion, parsley, 1/4 cup water and bread crumbs. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into meatballs.
Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add meatballs and brown slowly on all sides. Transfer meatballs to a large cooking pot.
Mix sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, and chili sauce together in a bowl and pour the mixture over the meatballs. Cover the mixture, and while stirring occasionally to keep the meatballs coated, simmer it for about 30 minutes.
More Meatballs Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Barbecue Meatballs
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!