Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Ziti
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Sauce, Sausage
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party
- 16 oz.(454g.) ziti pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 16 oz.(454g.) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 oz.(454g.) tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage directions
Boil salted water. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook it 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet. In the skillet, sauté sliced sausage, garlic, and onions until the sausage is cooked. Drain off the fat.
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Combine cooked pasta, the sausage mixture, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper in a greased casserole. Toss the mixture. Bake the mixture covered 20 to 25 minutes.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!