Baked Spinach Manicotti With Ricotta Cheese Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME1 hour 25 minutes
- Dishes: Manicotti
- Ingredients: Egg, Garlic, Spinach, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Tomato Paste, Ricotta Cheese, Romano Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 package (10 oz. or 280g.) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 10 oz. (280g.) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 14 oz. (400g.) ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Baked Spinach Manicotti With Ricotta Cheese directions
Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the manicotti and cook until slightly softened, about 4 to 6 minutes. Drain.
In a skillet, combine onion, garlic, 2 1/4 cups water, tomato paste and basil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
Mix ricotta cheese, romano cheese, spinach and egg together in a bowl; add salt and pepper to taste and fill into manicotti shells.
Pour half of tomato mixture in a greased 11x7 inch baking dish. Arrange manicotti shells on the top of tomato mixture and cover with remaining tomato mixture over the stuffed shells. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until heated through..
More Manicotti Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Baked Spinach Manicotti With Ricotta Cheese
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!