Baked Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup (2 oz. or 56g.) parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Baked Risotto directions
Heat oven to 425°F(218°C).
On the stove in an ovenproof pot, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in rice to coat, about 1 minute.
Add 4 cups chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until all the liquid is evaporated. When finished cooking, add about 1/2 cup broth and stir until the rice is tender and creamy. Add more broth as needed. Stir in cheese and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Baked Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!