Baked Rigatoni With Italian Sausage Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Rigatoni
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Sauce, Sausage, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 12 oz.(336g.) Italian sausage
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz.(170g.) tomato sauce
- 12 oz.(336g.) rigatoni pasta
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Baked Rigatoni With Italian Sausage directions
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sausage and garlic. Cook until the sausage is brown. Drain the mixture.
Stir in tomato sauce and tomatoes. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes until it is thoroughly cooked.
Boil salted water and add pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta and add to the meat sauce. Toss the mixture until it is well coated.
Pour half of the pasta in a pan. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese evenly across the top of the pasta. Repeat this. Cover the mixture with foil and bake the pasta for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Baked Rigatoni With Italian Sausage
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!