Baked Rice Balls Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Arancini
- Ingredients: Egg, Rice, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Birthday Party, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 large egg
- 3 oz.(85g.) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Baked Rice Balls directions
Bring salted water to boil. Add rice and cover the pan. Let the rice simmer over low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the rice from heat, place it in a bowl and set aside.
Heat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
With a fork lightly beat the egg. Stir the rice in gently and continue to stir until it is thoroughly mixed.
Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture, place mozzarella cube in the center of the spoonful and put another tablespoon of rice on the top. Form this into the shape of a ball and roll the ball in breadcrumbs. Place the ball on a greased baking sheet. Repeat this process with the rest of the rice.
Bake the arancini in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until they become golden brown.
Ratings & Reviews for Baked Rice Balls
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!