Baked Mostaccioli Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Mostaccioli
- Ingredients: Beef, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 24 oz.(680g.) ground beef
- 1 (28 oz. or 800g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz.(227g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pound (454g.) mostaccioli pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 oz.(196g.) tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Baked Mostaccioli directions
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Bring salted water to a boil, and cook mostaccioli for 8 to 10 minutes until it becomes almost tender. Drain.
In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and beef and cook until the meat has been browned, and drain the fat. Add basil, tomato sauce and tomatoes to the frying pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, and lower the heat. While stirring occasionally let the mixture simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. When done, stir the pasta into the sauce.
In a large baking dish, add half of the mixture and sprinkle mozzarella on top. Add the remaining pasta to the baking dish. Bake the dish covered in the oven for about 35 minutes or until it is cooked.
Ratings & Reviews for Baked Mostaccioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!