Baked Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Salt, Butter, Spaghetti Sauce, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Main Course
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Halloween
- Seasons: Fall
- Occasions: Everyday, Sporting Event, Birthday Party
- 2 pounds (900g.) ground beef
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 lasagna pasta noodles, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 40 oz.(1120g.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 oz.(680g.) cottage cheese
- 24 oz.(680g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt to taste
How to make Baked Lasagna directions
Sauté the beef, garlic and onion in a large saucepan with butter. Mix in salt and sauce. Simmer the mixture over low heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
Combine eggs, basil, and cottage cheese in a separate bowl.
Take a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and grease it.
Lay noodles across the pan with the ends hanging over the sides. Add the cooked beef sauce, cottage cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Add a second layer of pasta, followed by meat sauce, and cheese. Continue adding layers until the pan is almost full. Fold over the ends of the first noodle layer and then top with additional sauce.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese across the top and bake the lasagna at 350°F (175°C) 40 to 45 minutes, or until the cheese becomes bubbly. Let the lasagna cool before serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Baked Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!