Baked Chicken Pasta Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta
- Ingredients: Chicken, Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Bread Crumbs, Butter, Parsley, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Sporting Event, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz.(225g.) chicken breast
- 10 oz.(280g.) any small pasta
- 1 (28 oz. or 794g.) can tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 5 oz.(140g.) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 oz.(56g.) parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 oz.(280g.) mozzarella cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Baked Chicken Pasta directions
Preheat the oven to 400° F (205° C).
Boil salted water over high heat in a medium sized pot. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook it for around 5 minutes (or until tender), stirring occasionally. Drain the pasta into a large bowl.
Place a sauté pan on a burner at a medium heat. Cut the chicken into pieces and place it in the pan with olive oil to cook for 5 minutes. At this point, add in chopped garlic and onions and stir. Cook the mixture until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the onion is soft. Place the mixture into the bowl with pasta and mix thoroughly with chopped tomatoes, parsley, salt, pepper, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Move the mixture into a buttered baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix Parmesan cheese with bread crumbs and then sprinkle the mixture on top of the pasta. Dot the top of the pasta with small spots of butter before baking for 30 minutes or until the top has a golden brown color.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Baked Chicken Pasta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!