Bacon Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Bacon, White Wine
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Meals For Two, Potluck
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 oz. (112g.) bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 oz. (28g.) parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Bacon Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a skillet, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice to coat and cook for 1 minute. Pour in wine and cook until it is evaporated. Slowly add 1/2 cup broth, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed. Keep adding broth, letting each 1/2 cup absorb before adding another, until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in butter and cheese. Add salt and pepper as needed and serve with cooked bacon.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Bacon Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!