Authentic Tiramisu Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Tiramisu
- Ingredients: Chocolate, Sugar, Whipping Cream, Mascarpone Cheese, Coffee, Coffee Liqueur, Ladyfinger
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Courses: Dessert
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Desserts: Tiramisu Cake
- Dessert Types: Cakes, Chocolate Desserts
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 20 ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 large squares of semi-sweet chocolate, grated
- 8 oz. (227g.) mascarpone cheese
How to make Authentic Tiramisu directions
Place half of the mascarpone cheese in a mixing bowl. Pour in liqueur and coffee and mix well until smooth.
Beat with electric mixer sugar and cream together on high until stiff. Add this whipped cream into the remaining mascarpone cheese.
Put the parchment paper at the bottom of 11x7 inch baking dish. Layer half of the ladyfingers on the bottom of the dish. Cut or break apart if necessary to form one layer. Pour half of the coffee/cheese mixture over this and spread evenly. Spoon out half of the whipped cream/cheese mixture over this and spread evenly again. Layer the remaining ladyfingers over this, repeat with the coffee/cheese mixture and the whipped cream.
Sprinkle grated chocolate on top of tiramisu. Cover gently with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving.
More Tiramisu Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Authentic Tiramisu
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!