Authentic Pasta Carbonara Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Carbonara, Vermicelli
- Ingredients: Egg, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Bacon, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3 oz.(84g.) bacon slices, cut in pieces
- 8 oz.(227g.) vermicelli pasta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Authentic Pasta Carbonara directions
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add bacon to the pan, and sauté until the bacon is crisp.
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta and toss it with the bacon for 2 minutes.
In a bowl mix parmesan cheese and eggs together. Remove the saucepan from the heat source and quickly whisk the egg mixture into the pasta until it thickens, but do not let the eggs scramble. If needed, thin the sauce using the warm boiled water, until the mixture reaches the right consistency. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and serve.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Authentic Pasta Carbonara
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!