Asparagus Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Asparagus, Salt, Butter, White Wine, Red Onion, Vegetable Broth
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering, Blender
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 8 oz.(227g.) asparagus, peeled, trimmed, cut into 1” pieces, tips set aside
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Regiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt to taste
How to make Asparagus Risotto directions
Steam half the asparagus pieces (not the tips) until soft, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Puree in a blender or food processor, adding water if needed, until smooth. Set aside.
Heat the broth in a saucepan and simmer on low heat.
In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and sauté the onions until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice to coat until translucent, about 2 minutes. Slowly add white wine and stir until absorbed. Season with salt to taste.
Stir in 1/3 cup broth, letting the liquid evaporate until adding 1/3 cup more. Continue adding the broth a 1/3 cup at a time, each time letting the liquid absorb. After 15 minutes, add the remaining asparagus pieces and tips. Continue adding the 1/3 cup broth portions, stirring continuously, until the rice is tender and creamy.
Remove from heat and mix in 1 tablespoon butter, asparagus puree and cheese. Season with salt to taste.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Asparagus Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!