Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Spaghetti, Pasta
- Ingredients: Asparagus, White Mushroom, Onion, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Sour Cream
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup white mushrooms, diced
- 8 oz.(227g.) fresh asparagus, cut
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Asparagus Pasta directions
Boil asparagus in water for 3-4 minutes. Drain the asparagus.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add onion, and cook until the onion is tender. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté. Once the mushrooms begin to turn a light brown color, add the asparagus and continue to simmer for 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt, and add sour cream. Stir frequently, and continue to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water 8-10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
Once the pasta has finished cooking, move it to a dish and cover it with asparagus sauce.
More Spaghetti Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Asparagus Pasta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!