Artichoke Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Artichoke, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Steaming, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 baby artichokes, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Artichoke Risotto directions
Place artichokes in a large pot and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. When cool, cut the artichokes (you can use all of it) into pieces.
Warm the chicken broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil on low and cook the garlic and onions until soft. Add rice and stir to coat. Slowly add the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed, 1-2 minutes. Ladle 1 cup of the broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the broth is absorbed before adding more. Cook this way until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender yet firm. Remove from heat.
Stir in artichokes and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on warm dishes.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Artichoke Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!