Artichoke Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME100 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Garlic, Artichoke, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Organic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Authentic, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Cocktail Party
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 (8 oz. or 227g. each)packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 7 cups milk
- 9 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 oz.(680g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 oz.(680g.) mushrooms, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Artichoke Lasagna directions
Sauté garlic and mushrooms in a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat for around 7 minutes until the mushrooms release juice and turn brown. Mix in artichokes and continue cooking, while stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed, which should take around 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat and mix with flour. Stir for 1 minute. Slowly pour and whisk milk into the mixture, reduce the heat to medium, and continue to simmer until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally, cooking the mixture about 20 minutes. Add 2 1/2 cups of parmesan cheese, and season with both salt and pepper.
Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, and evenly cover the bottom of the dish with the sauce. Layer 3 lasagna noodles, followed by 1/4 of the artichoke mix, sauce, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 of the parmesan cheese. Repeat this process until there are 3 layers. Then, cover the top with 3 more lasagna noodles, and the remaining sauce and parmesan.
Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove the foil from the dish, increase the temperature to 450°F, and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Artichoke Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!